Full-time multi-media journalist needed
The Communications Office of the Diocese of Erie seeks to hire a multi-media journalist to handle its digital presence. The person in this newly created position will work on platforms ranging from Facebook and Twitter to Instagram. Ability to cover news events and write features for online and print. Significant involvement with diocesan website, www.ErieRCD.org, which will relaunch this spring. Also responsible for writing, producing and editing weekly video stories prepared for social media. May have on-camera presence, if appropriate. The candidate will demonstrate strong communications skills and ability to interact with many diocesan departments. Some evening and weekend assignments, and some travel within the 13 counties of northwest Pennsylvania required. The Communications Office of the Diocese of Erie collaborates closely with the Office of the Bishop, ensuring that priorities and teachings of the Catholic Church are shared with the public in a clear, thoughtful and uplifting manner.
Deadline for application is February 26, 2018. Completed application with cover letter and resume can be submitted by email to mediaSearch@erieRCD.org or by mail to Media Search c/o St. Mark Catholic Center, 429 E. Grandview Blvd., P.O. Box 10397, Erie, PA 16514-0397.
Full-time administrative assistant position available
Catholic Charities of the Diocese of Erie has an immediate opening for a full-time administrative assistant. The person in this position will have a commitment to the mission of Catholic Charities and provide administrative and clerical support for a variety of ministries and programs. As a primary contact for incoming calls, this position requires a special sensitivity, maturity and professionalism, along with a working knowledge of diocesan and community resources. A demonstrated proficiency in utilizing and maintaining database software and Microsoft Office products is required. Ability and experience in creating print, website and social media-based resources is a plus.
Interested persons may submit a resume with specific salary requirements and a completed job application by Friday, Feb. 2, 2018, by selecting one of these options:
• By mail to: Catholic Charities Search Committee, 429 E. Grandview Blvd., Erie, PA 16504
• By email: ccSearch@ErieRCD.org
Full-time position for Executive Director of Faith Formation
The Diocese of Erie is seeking a creative and faith-driven leader to serve as the Executive Director of Faith Formation. The fruit of a collaborative diocesan planning process, this position has been identified as key to the renewal of parish life, religious education, youth ministry and family ministry. He/she will play a key role in the ongoing development of a collaborative vision for life-long faith formation in the Diocese of Erie. He/she will report to the Vicar for Education and supervise several full-time professional colleagues.
The successful candidate will:
- Demonstrate a strong commitment to evangelization and life-long faith formation
- Be visionary and forward-looking
- Relate well to lay, clergy and religious alike
- Be willing to provide inspirational leadership through involvement in the day-to-day responsibilities of the office.
Required qualifications include:
- Master’s degree in religious education, theology or a related field
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience as an administrator in Catholic ministry, preferably in a diocesan context
- Experience in teaching the faith and/or providing faith formation
- Served on diocesan committees and/or participated in diocesan planning processes.
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. See links for full position profile and job application form below.
Applicants must submit a cover letter, resume and a signed and completed job application form in one of two ways:
- Email applications are preferred. Send all materials to: email@example.com. (Application form must be scanned, completed and signed.)
- If necessary, mail to: Faith Formation Search, St. Mark Catholic Center, 429 East Grandview Blvd., Erie, PA 16504
Teaching positions (list updated regularly)
Erie Catholic School System positions